Pixma Pro - 200 available in USA

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
chrisgalway New Member • Posts: 8
Re: Pixma Pro - 200 available in USA

No Big Sur SETUP or Driver for P200

The Pixma Pro 200 is available in Europe, at least in Ireland, I bought one this week.  But beware, there is ... unbelievably ... no driver for Mac OS11 (Big Sur), so I have a pile of plastic and metal weighing at least 20lbs sitting on my desk, quite unusable.   So if you buy this, and are using a Mac, make sure you are running OS10.14 (Catalina) or earlier, back to 10.12.

The (UK) Canon Service Centre did respond to my complaint in a few hours, confirming there is no Big Sur driver or Startup app, and also confirming that they have no news of when they will be released.  Amazing.

Big Sur has been available to developers since last June, so it is really disappointing that Canon could not make sure that the latest Macs can link to this printer.  I have around 50 apps on my Mac, and after upgrading, all of them work fine with Big Sur, even those from small developers.  One would expect a large company like Canon had the resources to do the same.   I've always used HP Printers, never a problem with drivers, I hope this bad start in my switch to Canon does not continue in future.

So beware: if you are using a Mac with the latest OS, I would not recommend buying this until Big Sur drivers are available.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow