About to buy a7iii - with or without kit lens?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP MonkeyClaw Junior Member • Posts: 48
Re: About to buy a7iii - with or without kit lens?

LenRivers wrote:

MonkeyClaw wrote:

I would LOVE the 24-105 but I can't afford to buy that and the body right away. It would definitely be my next major purchase (if I opt for the Sony).

Of course this whole thing maybe just out of budget and again depends what you are doing and need to do why you even need a full frame camera

Maybe look at a full frame DSLR I see a used Nikon D780 with a 24-120 mm lens at B&H for $2300 now. Do you have to have a mirrorless camera?

I will be shooting products for work and also photos of people working on our subterranean farm (i kid you not!). I will also need to film general mood stuff of the farm in action, as well as interviews with the founders and other farm operatives for the website.

So not sure if really need FF, apart from I want the best image quality I can get. I also plan on using the camera myself, mainly for travel photography/film.

As for mirrorless over dslr... I am not really sure why I have only been looking at the former if I am completely honest!

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow