My getting old desktop redo.

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
DonA2
DonA2 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,656
My getting old desktop redo.

Yesterday I received the first part of the new system.  The Dell P2421D monitor.  The packaging alone was an engineering masterpiece.  The monitor looks good but only available input was DVI/VGA from the present XPS 8300.

The new Dell8940se-56e will have the DP and HDMI. connectors as well as many other plus-ups.  The 8940 is due in a day or 2 and that's when I may have some issues.  Plan A is to remove the 256GB M.E SSD and install a new 1 TB M.2 P5 SSD in it's place to be the new C drive.  The installed HDD will be used for backups as I do presently.

Why?   The 1TB SSD C drive in use now barely has 1/4 used.  In my lifetime I will never get to 1/2.  I will off-load the present SSD onto the new M.2. There is 2 SSD bays available which I have 2 SSDs for but not really needed.

Plan B was to use the provided 256 M.2 for OS only and use one SSD for all else.  Doesn't appeal in any way.  Plan C is to phone Dell for help.  

DonA2's gear list:DonA2's gear list
Canon PowerShot S2 IS Canon PowerShot SX10 IS Canon PowerShot S100 Canon PowerShot SX40 HS Canon PowerShot SX50 HS +2 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow