Tamron Still Believes in APS-C

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
R2D2 Forum Pro • Posts: 23,247
Re: even @$999 Canon RP isn't as impressive as Fuji X-S10, Sony A6400, or Canon M6ii

m100 wrote:

I was saying when the vaccine gets here I will be so happy I will buy a R5 but for real the RP deal looks good.

Besides why would I need a R5 when I have a M6II ?

When it comes right down to it I actually enjoy shooting with the M6ii much more than with the R5. The whole system is so much smaller, lighter, and more portable. Plus I just love using the (very quick) tilting LCD instead of having to deploy the R5's articulating screen (I much prefer to use the back LCD instead of the viewfinder for general shooting).

Conversely the R5 is better at other things of course. Like mounting the incredible RF 100-500 (with and without RF 1.4x TC).    Or controlling DOF with the mighty RF "L" lenses. Or using Eye AF, etc. But this all comes at a price to be sure, both literally and figuratively. As 'Storm says, pick the right tool for the job at hand.

I'll add that you should always let your output requirements determine how much IQ you need. Everything in photography is on a moving scale!  Don't waste money that might be better applied elsewhere.

R2

-- hide signature --

Good judgment comes from experience.
Experience comes from bad judgment.
http://www.pbase.com/jekyll_and_hyde/galleries

R2D2's gear list:R2D2's gear list
Canon EOS M6 Canon EOS M6 II Canon EOS R5
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow