For Those Who Ask... Which "Z" Should I Get?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Carl Maiorino Senior Member • Posts: 2,152
No...Not Really...

Case in point:  Let's compare Nikon's 24-70 f2.8 to their 24-85 f3/5-4.5.  The 24-70 may be the "better" lens but the 24-85 will get sharp images the 24-70 won't get when a slow shutter speed is unavoidable,,,its lighter weight makes it a better choice for most of my shooting (and truthfully, nobody, including you, would be able to tell the difference in images I shot with either lens as nobody's eyes are that sharp and the 24-85 is a fine lens).

Another point:  Put a 400mm f2.8 on a D3500 and you will still miss alot of shots...try that on the sidelines of the Super Bowl or any other major sporting event and you might have a very unhappy editor.  You'll also miss alot of shots with a 24-70 or a 70-200 on that same D3500.  Not a bad camera per se, but the autofocus is not very fast and will drag those lenses down.  Try that combo at a wedding and see how happy the bride is afterwards when the "money shot" is out of focus.  She won't give a damn about your "pro" lens, nor should she.

The lens is only part of the chain and it amazes me that you just completely refuse to see that,  And the best equipment is still expensive rubbish in the hands of an unskilled photographer.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCB
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow