Panasonic 35-100 f2.8 - faster autofocus on mk 2 version of the lens?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
OM mani padme hum Regular Member • Posts: 319
Re: Panasonic 35-100 f2.8 - faster autofocus on mk 2 version of the lens?

FWIW: I bought a lightly used v1 before the v2 came out, mainly for concerts and music festivals. It's been used on an EM5.1, GM5 and IIRC on an EM1.2, all with zero issues re IQ, or IS with either IBIS or OIS. I think AF speed is partly down to the camera body, how well face/eye detection works, how easy (or tedious) it is to reposition the AF target, etc. The price difference is likely to be quite significant, so if you can it's probably worth testing AF speed back to back.

I ended up eventually getting the 40-150 Pro for the extra reach, but it's heavier, bulkier, more expensive and much more obtrusive. On the other hand it focuses closer and takes TCs, but annoyingly is the one Pro lens for which there's no pouch, and the complicated lens hoods sometimes explode; mine did. Both lenses have their good points, but the 35-100 is much less likely to trip security guards' "professional camera" reflexes.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow