Lenses for photographing paintings and filming videos.

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Koraaass New Member • Posts: 1
Lenses for photographing paintings and filming videos.

Good morning,

I've recently got the "Sony a7 III" camera body as a present. I'm a little bit lost when it comes to lenses and I would really appreciate some advice on which lens to get based on my needs (if possible).
I'm a painter, and once I finish my paintings I take photos of them, whether if it's for posting on art websites to sell them, social media to promote them, etc.
I also want to make art prints out of the photos I take of them.
I've recently started filming videos while I paint to show the process and teach other people painting techniques.

So, to sum it up, I'm looking for quite a versatile lens:

- Take photos of paintings once they're finished (to post on art websites to sell).
- Take photos of paintings once they're finished (to make prints out of them. I paint large scale and small scale paintings).
- To film videos of the painting process.

I've read that for taking photos of paintings it's better to get a macro lens, but I don't know how that'd work when I need to film videos.

Thank you very much for your time

Kora

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony a7 Sony a7 III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow