L bracket with Manfrotto quick release plate?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Blokfluitist
Blokfluitist Contributing Member • Posts: 677
L bracket with Manfrotto quick release plate?

Does anyone use an L bracket with the Manfrotto quick release system?

I want an L bracket for my R5 but I'm struggling to find the best way of using one with a Manfrotto QR plate, especially as I think I'd need a second plate on the vertical piece so I can change to portrait orientation. Is there any way to avoid this?

Is there such a thing as Manfrotto QR plate with a quick release Arca clamp on top? I want to avoid having (i) Manfrotto QR plate screwed into (ii) Arca shoe clamped onto (iii) base plate screwed into (iv) camera. All of that adds height, bulk and potential instability.

I hate having to unscrew an Arca rail to slide in the plate - which sometimes doesn't engage properly, especially if I'm trying to do it in the dark and/or my fingers are cold. I had a camera fall off my tripod once when I thought the plate was screwed in securely and it wasn't. The Manfrotto system is so much easier and I know immediately when it's all locked into place.

Rose
-----
https://www.facebook.com/roseatkinsoncreative

Blokfluitist's gear list:Blokfluitist's gear list
Canon EOS R5 Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM Canon Extender EF 1.4x III Samyang 14mm F2.8 ED AS IF UMC Canon EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6L IS II +4 more
Canon EOS R5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow