Introduction and question on Z6 ii e-shutter

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
HUN Forum Member • Posts: 88
Introduction and question on Z6 ii e-shutter

Hello everybody,

I have been an Olympus m4/3 user for the last couple of years and due to the recent news about Olympus I decided to move to the FF format. I still like using my Olympus gear very much, but I also think that Olympus "PRO" gear will depreciate quickly in the coming years, so I don't mind taking some loss on the change. Now I can still get the excellent S 1.8 primes for the price of the used Oly 1.2 lenses (EUR 700-800), and the Nikon series will provide a faster equivalent aperture and a better IQ considering the whole system. Also the size / weight is almost identical. Tele range is still a question mark, will decide it later based on the new Z telephoto lenses. I use now the excellent 300mm f/4 with MC14. An F mount 500mm PF would be nice, but it's more expensive.

I was eyeing with Nikon Z for as while and followed closely the news and also this forum. (Tried out shortly Sony and did not like, also was not satisfied with Canon EOS R specs, while R6 and R5 are too expensive). I pulled the trigger this weekend and ordered a Z6 ii + FTZ  in a Black Friday sale (EUR 1950)

The reviews about Z and Z ii usually say that the Nikon mirrorless is mostly for Nikon loyalists, because they do not offer anything special vs,. Sony or Canon. So here you have one new entrant. I think the reviewers do not consider the fact that the Nikon Z models offer a very good value, they are relatively cheaper although the specs do not outshine the competition, + there is also a form / ergonomic factor that buyers will consider.

Hopefully the company overcomes the financial / profitability issues and won't go the Olympus path.

On my E-M1 ii I always use electronic shutter (even for BIF) with very rare rolling shutter effects. I only used mechanical shutter with flash. How is the e-shutter of Nikon Z6s? Isn't the 1/2000s limit restricting in bright light? (Olympus can do 1/32000 s)

Regards and happy shooting to everyone.

Zoltan

https://www.flickr.com/people/145198575@N06/

HUN's gear list:HUN's gear list
Nikon Z6 II Nikon Z 50mm F1.8 Nikon Z 85mm F1.8
Canon EOS R5 Nikon Z6 II Olympus E-M1 Ricoh Caplio R6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow