Which camera models have a focus issue with the Sigma 30mm f1.4?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
mcslsk Veteran Member • Posts: 6,098
Re: Which camera models have a focus issue with the Sigma 30mm f1.4?

dgsjsj wrote:

mcslsk написал:

Я не сомневаюсь в кривизне поля линзы. Я говорю о том, что проблема автофокуса, которую демонстрируют объективы Sigma на камерах Sony, не связана с кривизной поля. Это как-то связано с мотором автофокусировки и программным обеспечением, управляющим им.

My Russian seems pretty good

What you are trying to inform me about has been widely discussed and I am well aware. There are also known ways of solving - the choice on problematic apertures instead of single-frame AF-S mode, tracking AF-C focusing mode on a wide area.

My post is addressed to Street_Photography. I do not offer him anything else, why he warned. The essence of the message boils down to the fact that even on the new 6100 and 6600 cameras, the situation with focusing on problematic diaphragms, according to the owners, is not unambiguous. And he added his own argument as to why he did not purchase this lens. The user can change the focusing mode on problematic apertures, and to achieve focusing accuracy even in manual mode due to the curvature of the field is a task of a different level and which must always be remembered when shooting. It is distracting and unnecessary.

A collection of different opinions will help form an independent decision.

mcslsk's gear list:mcslsk's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Sony a6500 Sony a7R III Canon EF 135mm F2L USM Canon EF 70-200mm F4L IS USM +54 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow