Photography is going backwards!

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
GossCTP Veteran Member • Posts: 5,471
Re: Photography is going backwards!

Weegee wrote:

For "serious" photographers in the old film days,

So, as a serious photographer and asked to see your work, 90% of your audience will view your work on an iPhone! And, most people always view in the vertical mode!!! So your picture measure 3"X2". Why do we all want 50 mp cameras? It's like cars and horsepower. We love the 700 hp cars but we absolutely can't use them ( except on a race track ). The roads are too crowded and the police are everywhere!

4k is pretty ubiquitous, but 8k is still on the horizon. 8k is around 33mp. With Bayer you would need about 50mp to get the most out of 8k.

My final point is that I've stopped sending photos because the recipient's viewing mechanism don't do them justice!

One other final note. If you have family photo albums, there's a good chance they will not be thrown out when you go to the happy hunting ground. All your cloud and hard drives will be. On top of that, there will be no mechanism to open up the files!!!!

I don't have the space to store endless albums of photos, much less wall space for large prints. Digital doesn't fade and can be duplicated offsite. I don't buy any of the lost format nonsense. There are always people keeping such things alive as a hobby.

-- hide signature --

"Law and order" is anathema to liberty and justice.

GossCTP's gear list:GossCTP's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Pentax K20D Pentax K-5 II Fujifilm X-H1 Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
1cb
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow