jthomas39 Contributing Member • Posts: 611
Re: As an ex M43 user

1llusive wrote:

nickels25 wrote:

1llusive wrote:

PLShutterbug wrote:

"Anyway, so I'm wondering how you lug the Z7 around?"

I'm not NCV but ...

I just carry it on either a neck strap or a wrist strap. I prefer a wrist strap. I happen to be blessed with great balance so have never found the need to hike with ski poles, and I seldom reach my hands out even on steep slopes. So this method works for me.

I've seen other arrangements that allow the camera to attached to a backpack shoulder strap so it doesn't bounce around but I haven't decided to invest in one of these systems yet.

I have the Peak Design Sling and am thinking about getting the Hip Belt with that clip on there so the camera could be attached below the spine rather than above. If they could be used together that would be ideal for me.

I generally don't do bags but I do have sling bag in case I needed to carry more.

Side note: can you guys tell me what camera carry slings you are referring too? I have a Peak Design Slide as well and the Black Rapids sling, but what’s the one that straps to your rucksack? Or the one with the hip belt you both mention?

Whoops I meant to type Slide, the shoulder strap.

They have a Hip Belt: https://www.peakdesign.com/products/everyday-hip-belt/

You can put a Capture clip on it: https://www.peakdesign.com/products/capture/

Hiking:

The Slide Lite strap, used cross body, is great for my Z6. When hiking, I shorten the strap a lot and the camera is usually against my stomach. That way, I can use trekking poles without hitting the camera.

I already had a Peak Design Capture clip to use with my previous small camera. It's still on my daypack's shoulder strap. This setup doesn't really work with my Z6. It's acceptable with the lightweight 24-70 F4 and an offsetting full water bottle on the opposite side of the pack. Otherwise, a heaver camera and/or lightweight load pulls the pack way off center. Perhaps a good waist strap and a clickable link between shoulder straps would be useable.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCB
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow