Cost of Canon lenses

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP gertcher New Member • Posts: 19
Re: Cost of Canon lenses

It's all good. Make sure to enjoy using it. Have fun with it.

And buy an RF lens as soon as possible.

Even the cheapest, most pedestrian RF zoom will demolish those old lenses in terms of image and build quality. Canon RF 24-105mm f/4-7.1 is $400. And Canon RF 24-240mm f/4-6.3 IS USM, which is $700 would easily replace all of your old lenses and still provide better quality, on top of more zoom range at both ends.

I dislike using my EOS 100 because I have to use the eye view finder not convenient wearing glasses, yes I can get an image on the screen but its not what it is designed for. Most of my photography in recent years is with an Canon G1X because of its view screen and wide to very moderate zoom.

A lot of my pictures are candid, the G1X lends itself  to this very well especially with a remote switch. That will influence my choice of RF lens/s. I will have to research my needs, your suggestion of 24 - 240 sounds tempting but it looks a bit slow. On the other hand with all the built in stabilisation and my ability to hand hold very successfully for about a second it could work.

I rarely use flash, in fact I cannot remember the last time I did. I would rather up the ISO than use flash. I'm old school from using the AEI film camera, where every shot had the be right first time. Could not afford to make several shots of the same thing. Must get out of that habit, soon I will have the ability to reframe, crop, adjust till the cows come home without loosing any definition.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow