Confused about Craig list

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Aoi Usagi Senior Member • Posts: 2,399
Re: Confused about Craig list

TOF guy wrote:

I get questions about an item I put for sale from Craig list, so by replying to these messages, the Craig list server re-route the answer to them , correct?

Actual email addresses are not shown. You may be able to see their screen name though.

One person is making a lower offer, is it expected?

There will always be lowballers on any listing sites.

There is no payment mediated by Craig list that I can see (like when selling on eBay). So I arrange for meeting with the buyer and do the sale, correct?

Yes.

Or is there another way? Does Craig list gets a commission and how?

Not that I'm aware of. Meeting in person, in a safe public area, in daylight, is the best approach. I would not recommend shipping an item if the seller asks, as it could be a scam.

Craigslist does not get a commission.

Anything else I should be aware of?

You may get a lot of people who are interested, but never reply back, so don't anticipate much. They are basically reserving their "spot" just in case they actually want to purchase it. They ask first, do their research later and make a decision. Basically, don't wait for a potential buyer to reply back. Sell it to the first person who agrees to meet you in person. Even then, its not 100% sure they will actually come to meet you. You may waste a lot of time because of Craigslist "buyers".  In the listing, ask for interested people to reply with a phone number.  This may potentially save you time.  Use a VOIP number to call so that your actual number is not used.

-- hide signature --

Formally Evogt500

Aoi Usagi's gear list:Aoi Usagi's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S200EXR Sony Alpha NEX-5N Fujifilm X-Pro1 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Canon EOS 70D +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow