Nikon D3500 or Sony A7 III ? (Also Sony A6600 or Nikon Z50) for absolute beginner

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
OP sonic123 New Member • Posts: 5
Re: Nikon D3500 or Sony A7 III ? (Also Sony A6600 or Nikon Z50) for absolute beginner

Thank you all very much. I've made my mind and bought a NIKON Z50. Everything you all have said about is the "photographer not the camera" is absolutely true BUT over a week I've been seeing a lot of "sample galleries" of many cameras and, don't know why, the Nikon photos stand out to me. Don't know if that's what is called "color science" and that each camera manufacturer have their own one or what but all the Nikon photos had color renditions that I really liked.

I understand what you are telling me about that an iPhone can take better photos than a professional camera if the professional camera is in the wrong hands, more in my case in which I change my iPhone every year (replacing my iPhone 11 Pro Max with the iPhone 12 Pro Max) but I would really like to take a further step onto photography being that specially iPhone are very limited in the tweaks you can do in the photo shooting.

I don't like the idea of post-processing. I mean, if I have a whole of things yet to learn about using the camera, I don't even want to begin thinking about the big learning curve of programs like Lightroom. Curiously enough, I "played" with some RAW files that I downloaded from DPREVIEW and applied the filters of a most basic free program like WINDOWS PHOTO and the preset filters made wonders to the original RAW pictures. Guess that's easy when the "source" is a good as those RAW files.

I will try to learn and practice with my Z50 and hopefully, at one time, get good results. I know I won't get immediate results.

BONUS CURIOUS QUESTION: In the responses to my post, I've read someone saying that one of the photos he was most proud of when young, was a b&w photo he took with a basic film (not digital) point-and-shoot camera. The QUESTION is: Back in those days, when you had to take the negatives to the shop for them to print them, how did you got a b&w photo? Do they have to use a special paper? A special program? Or was that you actually had to buy a special b&w film so all photos you take with that film were going to be b&w ones? Thank you.

Thank you all. Best regards,

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow