Upgrading my PC

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Carey Brown
Carey Brown Senior Member • Posts: 2,161
Re: Upgrading my PC

DerKeyser wrote:

Honestly - and I’m saying this as a PC guy through and trough - but dont bother.

That will still be an anemic machine, and while it’ll be faster, it wont be anywhere near what you would want from an upgrade.

^^^ that's my feeling too. If you're going to do an upgrade make it one you can live with for a while.

Right now the best bang for your buck - by far - is actually the new Mac Mini M1. But that requires adjusting to a new OS and eco system which can be pretty though.
The beauty of that is it will deliver the best possible speed today for your kind of tasks. It wont scale like a 12 core AMD for parallel import/export, but it will be SERIOUSLY faster for anything interactice like processing images and such. And while it’s not cheap, it’s not expensive either, and in terms of performance for your $$$ - it’s an outstanding deal.

I don't agree. Switching eco systems can have a lot of indirect expenses and headaches.

-- hide signature --
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow