gertcher wrote:

QuietOC wrote:

gertcher wrote:

Chris R-UK wrote:

What EF and EF-S lenses do you have?

EF Ultrasonic 35 - 80 1:4 - 5.6

EF Ultrasonic 80 - 2001:4.5 - 5.6

EFS 18 - 55 1:3.5 - 5.6

You might consider spending less on a camera body and budget some money for better lenses. But you can certainly use those lenses on an R5 with the adapter(s). Those are smaller lenses at least.

I have had good results with my lenses on the EOS1000 body.

Alas, a 45 megapixel sensor will show in great detail all the flaws of those lenses. Which you hod not seen in full as you only ever saw the center portion of the image they produce, and with a fairly low density sensor at that.

I've never been in a position to splash out on camera gear in the past. Enjoying it now, I have the time to devote to a hobby I like, and have enough spare cash to spend on better gear.

It's all good. Make sure to enjoy using it. Have fun with it.

And buy an RF lens as soon as possible.

Even the cheapest, most pedestrian RF zoom will demolish those old lenses in terms of image and build quality. Canon RF 24-105mm f/4-7.1 is $400. And Canon RF 24-240mm f/4-6.3 IS USM, which is $700 would easily replace all of your old lenses and still provide better quality, on top of more zoom range at both ends.

Astrotripper's gear list:Astrotripper's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Olympus PEN E-PL1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 +14 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow