Cable for 7D Mark II to Macbook

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP tedwill48167 Contributing Member • Posts: 810
Re: Cable for 7D Mark II to Macbook

Boomanbb wrote:

I picked up a 6' right angle usb cord for my 7DMKII on Amazon, make sure you get the correct right angle so that the cord hangs down. I am using the usb a connection on my laptop. If I wanted to use the usb c connection I would get something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-Type-C-Micro-USB-C/dp/B00UUBQ710

Also, since you have a macbook you are likely to have an iPad. Are you aware that the app Cascable has wired tethering to your camera? It works like a dream and I much prefer it to tethering to a laptop. You can control camera functions, add cool new things like bracketing, intervalometer, download raw from the camera, etc.

This is very helpful thank you. What was confusing to me was that the 7d Mark II's manual indicates that the out connector is "HDMI Mini", but in this case, I need the Micro USB to USB-C to connect to my MacBook.

I'll check out the iPad tethering app too.

Thanks!

-Ted

-- hide signature --

'There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.'
-Ansel Adams

tedwill48167's gear list:tedwill48167's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EF 50mm F1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow