Re: Cost of Canon lenses

QuietOC wrote:

gertcher wrote:

Chris R-UK wrote:

What EF and EF-S lenses do you have?

EF Ultrasonic 35 - 80 1:4 - 5.6

EF Ultrasonic 80 - 2001:4.5 - 5.6

EFS 18 - 55 1:3.5 - 5.6

You might consider spending less on a camera body and budget some money for better lenses. But you can certainly use those lenses on an R5 with the adapter(s). Those are smaller lenses at least.

I have several Minolta AF 35-80 F4-5.6 zooms one of which is very sharp, and it is kinda fun to use on my Sony mirrorless camera. But the Sony FE 28-70 OSS kit zoom is much better and only added $100 to the body cost.

I am happy using several Canon EF lenses on my Sony bodies.

There are quite a few affordable lens options for Sony FE that don't exist in the other mirrorless mounts yet.

I have had good results with my lenses on the EOS1000 body. The results look good on a 1K 26 in TV. I recently bought a new i9 computer with 32Gb RAM and a 4k 28 inch monitor, in preparation to edit the huge RAW data files from the R5.

I've never been in a position to splash out on camera gear in the past. Enjoying it now, I have the time to devote to a hobby I like, and have enough spare cash to spend on better gear. Even so I'm still not going to spend unnecessarily. You may think the R5 is an unnecessary expenditure and I could have settled for a lesser model. And many will think I got it back to front and should have spent more on lenses and less on the body, you might be right. I wanted to spoil myself for once. I wanted a Canon because I have always had Canon since my first SLR AE1 back in the mid 70's. Wanted a flip out screen, high shutter rate, dust sealed, and full frame.

I wanted full frame so I can use it with my Bownes Ilumitran 3S negative copier.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow