Which camera models have a focus issue with the Sigma 30mm f1.4?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
dgsjsj Regular Member • Posts: 288
Re: Which camera models have a focus issue with the Sigma 30mm f1.4?

mcslsk wrote:

dgsjsj wrote:

A good acquaintance, the owner of A6600 and Sigma 30mm 1.4 (16 and 56), shared his opinion that now the thirty does not miss the close plans. But in the distant shots, you need to carefully check the problematic diaphragms, which he had at 6000 and 6300.

My opinion is that the Sigma 30 / 1.4 has a curved focal plane in contrast to the Sigma 30 / 2.8. More experienced users will empirically select an off-center focus area. In this case, it is possible to get a sharp picture with uniform detailing across the frame. For this reason, I did not change the successful specimen of the Sigma 30mm f2.8 EX DN, sharp from an open aperture.

The issue is not field curvature. If the AF fails, it is the center that is not sharp.

You have both sigma in your profile. Take a couple of shots with a tripod on the horizon, focusing at infinity with the same 2.8 aperture

Take a look and rate. At 30 / 1.4, I admit to select the AF-C mode.

If there is no difference in the level of detail along the horizon, then you simply do not see this difference.

dgsjsj's gear list:dgsjsj's gear list
Sony a6100 Sigma 16mm F1.4 DC DN (E/EF-M mounts) Sigma 56mm F1.4 DC DN Sigma 35mm F2 DG DN +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow