Nikon D850 + Nikkor 200-500 f5.6E ED VR camera backpack advice

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
OP ales44 New Member • Posts: 4
Re: Nikon D850 + Nikkor 200-500 f5.6E ED VR camera backpack advice

BodkinsBest wrote:

ales44 wrote:

Hi there,

I’m the landscape photographer and now I’m also switching (starting) to take photography in wildlife so I bought the 200-500 Nikon lens for the start of telephoto journey for my D850 and would like to ask you guys, what rugged backpack you are using for wildlife (longer hikes in pure wilderness) in every conditions? I currently own the LowePro Whistler 450 AW II which I use for landscape and is perfect for the all seasons weather, but when I put in 200-500 lens with the D850 attached it’s quite tight due to the size of body with 500 lens. Sometimes when I don’t need to take with me all the stuff for like 3 day hike when doing landscape I wonder if there is any lighter and more spacious camera backpack that can more easily fit D850 attached with the 200-500 lens + large tripod that I would have it for wildlife only or should I just stay wit the current backpack? What are your suggestions, experiences?

I’m looking at some less big more lighter backpacks for 1 day wildlife hike, like:
- Gitzo Adventury 30L/40L, LowePro Flipside 500 AW II Mica and Pixel camo

Thanks 😊

When I got my D850 and 150-600 I upgraded to this bag:

https://gosselinphoto.ca/en/tenba-32l-axis-backpack-black-tn021258
It holds my 12mm, 20mm, 105mm, mini tripod, lens warmer, battery bank, D850 with the battery grip and the Tamron lens with hood attached, filter collection, 50L dry sack, camo lens rain cover, USB charger and spare grip and body battery, and that's just in the main compartment.

thank you for the tip, will chek this one out Thank you.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow