Nikon z6 ii control rings and buttons - suggested customisations?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Morgs_B
OP Morgs_B Forum Member • Posts: 56
Re: Nikon z6 ii control rings and buttons - suggested customisations?

jthomas39 wrote:

Morgs_B wrote:

jthomas39 wrote:

But the main advantage is for Exposure compensation.

I've got learnt behaviour, likely coz trying to defer to native-iso for video shooting, to avoid Exposure compensation.

But from researching this seems common practice for Nikon shooters?

You don't ever notice any detriments to this - adding noise, color shifts or the like?

That's interesting. Do you shoot evening or night time images at standard exposure, then darken them later when editing?

I should have been more clear - no experience of these issues on the z6 ii, this is just a general rule of thumb, to avoid these issues when shooting DSLR video over the years.

I've been using auto-ISO, all the way up to 12800, then using DxO for noise reduction. I want to try more 100 ISO night shooting, with longer exposures, likely on a tripod. I want to see just how much more dynamic range I'll get.

The high ISO performance is the best I've ever experienced, no doubt. Haven't played enough yet to comment specifically, but I will!

Morgs_B's gear list:Morgs_B's gear list
Canon EOS 550D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Nikon Z6 II Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow