Dxo Photolab?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jwilliams Veteran Member • Posts: 5,717
Dxo Photolab?

Wondering if any people here use DxO photolab. I used to use Lightroom (not the subscription version). Had been planning on getting something else to replace it as it doesn't work with my R & RP raw files. Well a PC crash recently now finds me with my photos restored on my new PC but not even wanting to load my old LR. DxO is currently 50% off.

So a couple of questions

1) How is it for organizing our Photos. Can I download from a SD card and have it place the files on my HD sorted by date as I used to in LR(year\date folder format).

2) Has anyone found the lens distortion corrections to be better than say what Canon does for JPGs. I wonder if my 24-105 4-7.1 might actually look better on the wide end with some more sophisticated SW as it is the worst lens suffering from what has to be extreme correction. DxO supposedly is the best at this type of stuff, just not sure how much difference it makes.

3) From what I read it seems the Elite version is the one to get as the basic version seems to be missing a lot. Is that right?

4) General comments on it vs. the competitors.

Overall I'm not a big RAW photo shooter. Mostly shoot JPGs, but for something more serious or tricky lighting I'll shoot RAW. I'm not really a big photo editor either as it's not my idea of fun. I'm OK using more than one prpduct if needed. An everyday simple editor/organizer and something like DxO when shooting raw would be OK.

Thanks.

-- hide signature --

Jonathan

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow