Is anyone experience "back button focus" issue like this?

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
WayneDST
OP WayneDST Forum Member • Posts: 52
Re: Is anyone experience "back button focus" issue like this?

Ulrik Christiansen wrote:

WayneDST wrote:

Hi Ulrik, yes, that's what I experiencd.

I am using 56.2 too. Maybe this combination will cause the issue. Here is a video I made. You can see the first few second, M mode, when I press the shutter button. You can easily see the focus jump few cm.

At the same time, I can hear there is a sound, kind of motor rotating. But it sounds different as the sound during auto focusing.

Here is the video. I did few times of BBF test, the first time has issue.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CEpgbOS3-W_2gR3ZRB8rkinAgXVRZrPZ/view?usp=drivesdk

Yes, exactly the same behavior with my x-t3 56 setup. But works fine with my x-t20.

I hope they will fix it, since I had gotten used to shooting this way with bbf and manual. Lets see.

The other user I talked with also experienced this with other lenses than the 56.

I assume that could be conflict between M(manual mode) and BBF(auto focus). I did similar test with AF-S, and it works fine. Hope this jump will not damage the auto focus components. I rather using AF-S until it fix.
However, I found the combination of provides similar workflow. Only difference is that I can't check the focus peak on screen immediately.

WayneDST's gear list:WayneDST's gear list
Nikon D3S Fujifilm X-T3 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow