Nikon ES-2 Film & Slide Adapter?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
hypercore360 Senior Member • Posts: 1,467
Nikon ES-2 Film & Slide Adapter?

Advice needed:

Parents want me to scan a large set of slides and 35mm film from days past. It's a prudent idea to backup everything on to digital.

We know that the Nikon ES-2 slide and film adapter has been available for a few years now since the D850 came to market.

The recommended lenses to be used are the Nikon 60mm Micro f/2.8 and other (macro) lens...

Anyway, want to know if anyone has been able to use some other close focus (macro or otherwise) lens with the ES-2 adapter set to successfully convert film and slide (35mm)?

Bottom line - I'm trying to avoid purchasing the $600ish 60mm lens (I don't need it), as I have a very good 150mm Sigma macro lens, but that will not work because of its focal length.

I have a decent flatbed scanner (Epson V700), but that might be a too slow of a process considering the amount of slides & film that I have in need of scanning. I do not want to send it out for this service.

Suggestions / solutions, thanks!

Cheers

Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow