How to get 1:1 mag using Oly 60mm macro?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Mephistopheles* Regular Member • Posts: 333
How to get 1:1 mag using Oly 60mm macro?

Hi all,

I have been using this lens for several months, but I'm still not sure how the switch on the lens for 1:1 magnification works. The instructions I got with the lens don't explain it. I assume the switch is a focus limiter, and I also read a comment on this forum that only manual focus works once the switch is activated. But other than that, I'm not really sure of the effect.

Among other questions, I wonder: do you have to manually change the setting to manual focus to achieve the magnification? How is the focus limitation deactivated once it is activated? How can you be sure you're getting 1:1 magnification?  Is the focus limitation deactivated if you try to use autofocus?

Thanks for any assistance.

-- hide signature --

My m4/3 bird, travel, and insect photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/35716495@N08/albums

Mephistopheles*'s gear list:Mephistopheles*'s gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Panasonic Leica 100-400mm F4.0-6.3 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko 300mm F4 IS Pro Olympus Tough TG-4 +4 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow