EF to RF adapter with Arca Swiss foot

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Karl_Guttag Regular Member • Posts: 392
Re: EF to RF adapter with Arca Swiss foot

Photomonkey wrote:

I see a few adapters with a tripod foot but the only descriptions I can get is that they can have an A/S plate screwed to it.

An adapter with an integral A/S foot and even a rotating collar seems a great idea for the RF and other mirrorless bodies.

I like the idea of taking the torsional forces off the mount when heavier lenses are mounted. I use the 17TS-E and the 11-24 and the latter is especially heavy when mounted on the R5 with an adapter.

Does anyone know of a decent quality adapter like this?

While a good idea, a couple of months back I was looking at adapters, and the 3rd party ones with a mount-hole all seem to have checkered reviews with some people complaining about the fit or communication.  I decide to stick with Canon and got one with the ring control so all my lenses would work the same. I got lucky and got one quickly via Amazon even though it showed "back-ordered."

Karl_Guttag's gear list:Karl_Guttag's gear list
Canon EOS 70D Canon EOS RP Olympus E-M5 III Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM +15 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow