Grip for Z5?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Sydcar New Member • Posts: 23
Grip for Z5?

OK, I'm just getting over the shock that there is no battery grip with vertical controls available for the Z6. But I can't find out if the grip that is available can also be used with the Z5? This is the only article I can find saying it does fit:

https://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/reviews/compactsystemcameras/nikon-z5-review

I primarily would want this for handling/feel rather than battery life, so if it meant Dremelling off the bit that sticks out into the battery compartment, so be it, but obviously I'd rather not.

If you think this is weird, I currently use a Canon grip, also with strap that goes round my hand, from the 1980s screwed into the bottom of my Sony RX10 iv I just think it's a lot more comfortable and safe to hold and carry for long periods.

While I'm here as I try and decide between a D750 or Z5/6, does anyone know what FPS you can get on a Z5/6 with a shoe mounted flash running? My current camera slows from 24 fps to under 1 fps (excruciating and the main reason I'm selling) regardless of flash power output, 1/128 manual power, etc. Anything around 4fps and up with flash would be fine for me.

Thanks!

Sydcar's gear list:Sydcar's gear list
Sony RX10 IV
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D750 Nikon Z6 Sony RX10 IV
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow