Please treat the hosts well.

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
JahnG
OP JahnG Senior Member • Posts: 2,988
Re: Please treat the hosts well.

Autonerd wrote:

JahnG wrote:

It seems that "By Standing..." has disappeared totally from DPR, even his "name" has disappeared from older finished challenges. So we have again lost a host The old hypothesis, the more complaining, the less remaining hosts, has once again been proved.

Even if I haven't always agreed with this host, and have rarely attended his challenges, I must say I have highly admired his energy and his ability to create interesting "out of the box" challenges!

I'm pretty new to the challenge scene (did my first entry and had my first disqualification this month!) but I have to say I was pretty turned off by what I perceived as a gender bias in his challenges. One challenge I can understand -- "Show me a woman by a lake." But a SERIES of challenges in which only photos of males were sought, and pictures in which the gender isn't clear being disqualified? Sorry, but that's just creepy.

Regarding the lack of hosts -- I'll put my $$ where my mouth is and sign up as a challenge host. I already spend too much time in the forums when I should be working...

Aaron

Welcome as a Host, we need new fresh hosts!

BTW, there is a long story concerning that host, which I won't comment any more.

However, to be fair against this host, basically everything he did create lately as a  challenge host was complained upon by some (very "PC") people. The most fun (not) thing was when he, (as an Asian person himself), was accused of looking down at Asian women, which was absolutely not the case. There is no "rhyme or reason" in such accusation. That's why he finallytried to only have challenges with male pictures, to avoid all that complaining. But no, the complaining just continued

PS, when starting as a host YOU will be the sole judge of your own rules. So then you too will (or should) DQ pictures you do not think are against YOUR rules.

Regards

Jahn

JahnG's gear list:JahnG's gear list
Canon PowerShot A650 IS Panasonic ZS100 Pentax K100D Super Pentax K-r Pentax K-S1
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow