Which RF 70-200mm or should I stay with the EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Steve W Veteran Member • Posts: 5,265
Re: Which RF 70-200mm or should I stay with the EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS

Rahto wrote:

Congrats on the new camera, I have had mine for about 2 months with about 6K shots on it. I would update the firmware and start using it and see if it has any impact on your future lens wants and needs. I went with the RF-24-240mm for a native walk around until I figure what EF stuff I want to upgrade. By the way I think the 24-240mm is on sale now on Canons site.

Bob

Bob,

Thanks. One day down. Been working on setting it up. Was a long time Canon with my last two bodies the 5D Mark IV and EOS R but there are quite a few differences. Nice to have back the ability th 5D IV had of configuring other features like shooting mode and AF approach on the AF-ON or other buttons configured for back button focus. The EOS R did not have this and it was missed. The Sony has that on steroids and I love having two back buttons setup for focusing totally differently

-- hide signature --

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe! - Words to live by. Albert Einstein

Steve W's gear list:Steve W's gear list
Sony a9 Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-T4 Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS USM +35 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow