Canon EF-L adapting - Finally updated to v1.6 for S1

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MOD Tom Caldwell Forum Pro • Posts: 41,958
Canon EF-L adapting - Finally updated to v1.6 for S1

I don't use any native L mount lenses but prefer to adapt EF and legacy MF lenses (of which I already have quite a few).

As I can use my EF lenses (with better compatibility) on my Panasonic M4/3 camera bodies there is no milage whatsoever in replacing them with L-Mount lenses on one L-Mount camera body where they could not be used on my several M4/3 camera bodies.

First impressions - no immediately discernible difference in AF speed withe Fotodiox EF-L adapter - I have used the 45/2.8 as a test horse (which was working fairly well anyway).

I will try it with the MC-21 and a few of the refusenik EF mount lenses later. Noting that nine of my EF mount lenses (including one made by Sigma) failed AF completely on my MC-21 adapter at v1.2 firmware. Chart of my tests here:

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/64144183

The Fotodex Fusion adapter did considerably better so that helped.

The question remains - is the L-Mount system attractive to anyone with a good bunch of Canon EF mount lenses to consider moving to? I will report back later.

C-AF is still locked out and AF Custom Setting (Photo) is also still inaccessible (because C-AF is disabled).

So if I was happy before then I am still happy. Using the Sigma 105/1.4 just recently with v1.2 firmware I was overjoyed. With what the combination could do and so I suppose it would be hard to get any more joy .....

Has anyone else seen better performance with adapted EF mount lenses since v1.6?

-- hide signature --

Tom Caldwell

FinePix S1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow