Canon Pro-4100 with internal densitometer: Sufficient for ICC profiles?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
panos_m Senior Member • Posts: 1,606
Re: Canon Pro-4100 with internal densitometer: Sufficient for ICC profiles?

Canon internal calibration is for bringing the printer in a known state and use icc profiles made for this printer or others compatible Canon printers. At least that is the idea behind this. You can skip calibration and build straight away the icc profile but when the printer drifts you will have to make a new icc profile.

2. Do calibration with each HFA paper on the Pro-4100 using its internal densitometer (will happen when the printer arrives, soon...)

It is not necessary to calibrate every paper separately  (this BTW is called "Unique calibration" in Canon terms). You can perform one calibration for all the papers you are going to use. This is called "Common calibration". For this calibration you can use a Canon paper like Pro Luster.

3. Send the strips from the printer on the various HFA papers printed per the instructions on your site ( I realise from your site that I should use the Canon PS plugin rather than PS itself to do this) in order to get the custom ICC profiles done.

4. Occasionally re-calibrate the printer with its internal densitometer for each HFA

Again you update the calibration for all the papers using a Canon paper like Pro Luster. There is a program called Canon Device Management Console which monitoring the calibration status of the printer(s) and advice you when a recalibration is needed.

paper to prevent drift.

5. Repeat #2 and #3 any time I am adding a new paper.

Thanks for your help!

Nathan

-- hide signature --

Panagiotis

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow