Exploring wide end options

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Mark Sloe Regular Member • Posts: 323
Re: Exploring wide end options

82DMC12 wrote:

I don't have a whole lot to add in terms of comparisons to other wide lenses, but I also have the A7RIII, 24-105, and I have a Loxia 21 as my widest lens. I'd like to get something ultrawide sometime just to play with, but the Loxia does the trick for me currently. I can't get enough of the sunstars and it's just a rewarding lens to use. I will admit that the difference between 24 and 21 is not that great. Maybe it has a better home as a 21 / 35/ 85 landscape kit.

i am eagerly anticipating the new sigma 35mm f2, which has a potential to be a brilliant little lens. in the future i intend to switch to small primes with 35mm being my most used fl, 21mm loxia or cv, 15mm cv (if my experiment with the samyang pushes me this way) and a portait lens (probably 85mm batis, but not sure yet).

with a 35mm and 18mm i will find out if i can live without the zoom, which i am currently using at the long end mostly for portraits. if so, i will sell it and get another 2 primes instead.

-- hide signature --
 Mark Sloe's gear list:Mark Sloe's gear list
Sony a7R III Sony FE 24-105mm F4
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow