RBFresno
RBFresno Forum Pro • Posts: 12,954
Re: Should I sell..... ?

D5 wrote:

So I have the following lenses now :

• *** 24 1.4G ***
  • 24-70F2.8E VR (KEEPER)
  • 50mm 1.4 MILVUS (ZEISS)
  • 50mm 1.2 AI-S MF Nikon (Keeper, cause it's cool as)
  • *** 70-200 f2.8G ( VRII ) ***
  • 85 1.4G
  • 105 1.4E (KEEPER)
  • *** 135 f2 ZF.2 ZEISS ( MF ) LIKE NEW!! ***

I'd love to BUY the Nikon 28mm f/2.8E, though I do have the 24m,m f1.4G. The newer 70-200mm is of interest to me also...

Would you sell the 3X lenses above marked *** to get the newer lenses..... could i get enough $..... ?

Sigma 135mm 1.8 ART also looks amazing!!

Yes I know I'm certainly missing something UWA ( the 14 - 24 range / or 17-35 ).

# GEAR ENVY !!!!!

( I do lots of travel photography / portraits / studio / cityscape etc. )

Hi!

Of course you are asking others, for what is to a large extent personal preference based on a number of things including budget, type of use, tolerance for manual focusing, IQ, and perhaps one's predilection for lens hoarding.

Personally, I'd have a hard time giving up my Zeiss 135/2 APO Sonnar. I might be a bit illogical about how much I like how it renders.

Personally, first lens of yours that I'd give up or replace would be the 70-200 VR II

The newer 70-200 f/2.8E Fl really is that much better, more so on a high resolution DSLR such as yours.

And the 70-200 f/2.8E Fl is now selling at a much lower price than when it was introduced.

I have the 85 1.4 G, but haven't used it in years. Probably falls into a category of something I should have sold, but had too many years of loving it and became emotionally attached.

Best Regards,

RB

RBFresno's gear list:RBFresno's gear list
Nikon D2H Nikon D4 Nikon D5 Nikon AF DX Fisheye-Nikkor 10.5mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF +17 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow