Spider brooch

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DAP MV
DAP MV Contributing Member • Posts: 635
Spider brooch

Yesterday, despite the frenzy of incoming Thanksgiving , my wife decided to go through a few drawers that had not been opened for years, and maybe even for decades. In one of them she found a small brooch shaped like a spider.

Nobody knows where it came from or old how old it is. Examination of the brooch and the box it came in, backed up by a short internet search, revealed that it's of European origin, made of Baltic amber, was most likely bought in Chicago, and the design was not as unique as I had though initially. (Go figure. )

I decided to take a quick photo of the brooch (until it goes back into the drawer for next several years), and then I realized that I had not done product photography for years...

This, and the fact that there was no time for putting together the setup more sophisticated than a light tent on the bench, made the picture be of Craigslist or eBay quality--but the details of the design are still visible.

I really like simplicity of the design, and accuracy of replication of anatomical details of the orb weaver.

Length of brooch: approx. 20mm.

-- hide signature --

Darius

DAP MV's gear list:DAP MV's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P1000 Nikon Coolpix P950
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow