Tamron Still Believes in APS-C

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
thunder storm Senior Member • Posts: 7,468
Re: i don't see the pont

davev8 wrote:

dpeete wrote:

I'd prefer something wider than 17mm for the 1.61 Canon crop, but I'd take this over adapting the 17-50/55mm if they made it in EF-M: https://www.sonyalpharumors.com/leaked-first-images-of-the-new-tamron-17-70mm-aps-c-e-mount-lens/

Send emails to Tamron if your are interested!

that lens looks as big as a full frame 24-105 F4 why do folk buy APS-c only to lust after lenses as big as FF and as expensive...or in many cases more expensive

Because it's about ILCs here.  A lens like this allows you to do everything with aps-c, preventing you from spending the bucks on a full frame camera. With that same camera you have also the choice to go compact by mounting a compact lens.

i am not saying the M don't need a better standard zoom but something like the fuji 18-55 f2.8-4 would be more in keeping

if you have a bag or want a bag full of APS-c F2.8 zooms and F1.2/F1.4 primes you may as well have the equivalent full frame F4 zooms and F1.8/F2 primes for the same size ish

That's why i think aps-c is about price, not so much about size, but a lot of forum members disagree with me.

Regardless the sensor size: As long as you can change lenses you can benefit from the option to mount both large and small lenses.

-- hide signature --

victory

thunder storm's gear list:thunder storm's gear list
Canon EOS M6 II Canon EOS R5 Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF 35-80mm f/4.0-5.6 III Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM +18 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow