Is anyone experience "back button focus" issue like this?

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
Ulrik Christiansen
Ulrik Christiansen Senior Member • Posts: 1,698
Re: Is anyone experience "back button focus" issue like this?

WayneDST wrote:

Recently I update my xt3 to fw4.0. the problem is

When I use AE-L/AF-L button as AF (back button focus as AF-on), and hold the button. Then I press the shutter button, the problem is sometimes it will trigger the re-focus action. It is quite annoying and missing focus point if I make a re-composition.

Does anyone experience this kind of issue? Is it a fw problem? Thanks.

Yes I have the same problem. I created a post on this topic, but nobody responded. I'll explain my experience here:

I have just bought myself a new x-t3 and installed the new firmware. While shooting some portraits in low light in manual focus (back-button) mode with the 56mm f1.2, I noticed that the focus jumps. Specifically, I press the AF backbutton to focus on an eye, I release it, and then when I press the shutter, the focus changes to around 2cm further back. The shutter AF is of course set to off.

I saw a comment in one of Omar Gonzales' videos where a user had the same problem with the same camera setup. He had already submitted the issue to Fuji support, which in turn had sent it to Fuji Japan, so he was sure that the issue will be fixed soon.

Ulrik Christiansen's gear list:Ulrik Christiansen's gear list
Canon PowerShot G7 X Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow