Godox light not firing from GX7

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
OP technotic Contributing Member • Posts: 691
Re: E-shutter?

kli wrote:

I have an XPro-O. It works fine my GX7.

Check that the XPro-O is seated fully forward in the GX7's flash hotshoe so that all the pins on the foot are hitting all the contacts on the hotshoe. Make sure the flash hotshoe is clean and unobstructed.

Check that the AD200 and XPro-O are set to the same channel and that if the C.Fn ID is being used, that it also matches between the two units.

If the AD200 and XPro-O are within 1m of each other, set the C.Fn DIST to 0-30m, if it's set on the default of 1-100m.

Also make sure that on the GX7 you have not turned on any wireless flash modes. The Godox 2.4 GHz radio system is NOT the Olympus/Panasonic "smart" optical RC system, which is what those wireless flash settings are for.

See also:

https://photo.stackexchange.com/questions/106379/my-godox-flash-wont-fire-off-camera-what-should-i-check

Does your trigger stick out a little at the back when in the hot shoe? I think I'm pushing it in as far as it goes but it does protrude a few mm. I think the camera has an issue and is not communicating with the trigger properly. I have wireless set to off in the camera and I set the distance to 0-30m but it made no difference. Hitting the test button on the trigger fires the flash every time so it seems the issue is the camera communicating with the trigger. The only way I can get the flash to fire when using the camera is to put the trigger into HSS mode but then it does not fire in synch with the shutter correctly. I'm not sure what that signifies.

I have a Canon flash and tried that on the GX7 and that does nothing either (manual mode) but I don't know if they are compatible. The same flash does fire when on a Sony camera.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow