Exploring wide end options

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ahaslett
ahaslett Veteran Member • Posts: 7,502
Re: Exploring wide end options

Mark Sloe wrote:

ahaslett wrote:

I have the Tamron 28-75/2.8 paired with a Loxia 21/2.8 and CV 15/4.5. If you are happy with f2.8, then the Tamron 17-28/75 is the obvious answer. If you want wider than 24mm and fast, then I’d pick the Sony 20mm or Laowa 15/2 Zero D.

There is a big gap between 24mm and 15mm, so you could get both, otherwise it depends on what you want to shoot. Composing at 15mm is very different than at 24mm.

If you do choose the CV15/4.5, then don’t buy a used copy or non FE mount version - too many issues.

The other question is whether you like sun stars, in which case look at reviews, but Loxias and CVs are designed to be good at sun stars.

Andrew

thanks for the insight. i was considering a used cv 4.5/15, but horror stories about the first batch put me off.

My first 3 copies must be out there somewhere.

Andrew

-- hide signature --

Infinite are the arguments of mages. Truth is a jewel with many facets. Ursula K LeGuin
Please feel free to edit any images that I post

ahaslett's gear list:ahaslett's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP3 Merrill Olympus E-M1 Sony a7R Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 +27 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow