Canon 24mm TS-E f3.5L Mark I or Samyang Tilt Shift

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ashton lamont
ashton lamont Contributing Member • Posts: 635
Canon 24mm TS-E f3.5L Mark I or Samyang Tilt Shift

I have had the Canon 24mm TS-E Mark One since 2006 but have seldom used it. It cost only £770. In practice I tend to edit files in post to correct converging verticals - which is my main requirement - using the excellent Capture One 20. The bodies are 5DS-R, 5D-IV and 6D-II.

I have read the various reports that the Mark One is inferior to the current version and will be even further relegated by the new RF lenses.

I was about to sell mine to MPB UK because I have such little use for this lens. If I were to replace it I do not want to spend the sort of money needed for the current or RF versions.

Of course the third party lenses from Samyang Rokinon Walimex etc are more affordable.

My question is: variable quality checking by 3rd party manufacturers aside, does my current Canon TS-E 24mm give better results than the more recent 3rd party alternatives? I tend to shoot at f5.6 / f8 rather than wide open and mainly the subjects for this lens are buildings. I would probably do some video with it simply because it can be done rather than that TS-E video is important for me.

Many thanks.

-- hide signature --

Pete

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow