Need a bit of help

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
FDecker Senior Member • Posts: 2,132
Need a bit of help

Hi, I am new to this forum.

and I start with a request for help. I am part of the Sigma forum for about 10 years (love the Foveon under good light conditions).

I just purchased a used Leica 24-90 lens. So far, I am happy with it. There are two things which I feel a bit unsure about.

First one, when zooming in or out, I hear a slight clicking. Sounds a bit as if I would turn an aperture ring.

Second one, a bit more confusing, in a silent room, I can clearly hear the OS working or maybe I can hear when it runs into the limitation? I never heard this from any lens with OS.

BTW, I use the lens on a Sigma fp. I also posted it in the Leica forum. Maybe there is a chance as well to get information here from someone using the Leica 24-90, maybe even on a Sigma fp.

What do you think, can this indicate a problem with the lens? As I wrote, it seems to work perfectly fine optically, but if there is a problem with the OS system, the OS might stop to work properly at some time.

Thank you for any information,

Frank

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow