The Lens That Delivers The Goods

Started 4 months ago | User reviews thread
OP ProDude Senior Member • Posts: 2,127
Re: The Lens That Delivers The Goods

johncal wrote:

As a real Estate photographer, I'm surprised that you would be happy with a 28mm focal length. I use a 14mm for commercial interiors which are generally much larger and find that to be even too tight at times. The only time I consider using 28mm or more is when I go to exterior work. For portraiture work I think your lens choice is perfect, and that is a super lens so don't get me wrong but I think I'd definitely want a wider lens as my next choice for the real estate. Your R5 is definitely the Ferrari of cameras

Please do keep in mind I'm building my lens selection at this time. I've already invested in the RF24-70 f2.8L IS USM and a RF24-240 for fun with a RF100-500 on it's way. I do plan on acquiring the RF15-35 f2.8L IS USM at some point in the next year. Quite frankly though more often than not 24mm does the job for me. I do feel the advantage of having a 15-35 could make for easier shooting in tight conditions for sure. Looking at the future I can certainly see a RF85mm f1.2L IS in my bag.

-- hide signature --

Name the gear and I've probably owned it and used it.

ProDude's gear list:ProDude's gear list
Canon EOS R5 Sigma 14-24mm F2.8 DG HSM Art Sigma 105mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Canon RF 24-70mm F2.8L IS USM Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM +17 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow