18-135 on k3 mkiii

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
robbo d Veteran Member • Posts: 3,070
18-135 on k3 mkiii

I am constantly impressed with the 18-135 on my k3 mki

When you nail a shot at the right aperture sweet spot for the focal length and bring all 24mp of non aliasing filter sensor goodness to bear on the image, its a very satisfying result.

It loves f8 out wide but at 135mm the centre sharpness at f5.6 is also staggering.

Strange but wonderful that a lens enjoys stopping back to give you more light at a longer focal length...

Its a fast moving lens and while I do occasionally find the k3 will not lock correctly even though the lens has rocketed into position, the AF let's me down by not quite hitting the mark ( even though my eyes can detect and I realise in time most often)

In hoping that Pentax will 'come good' on their statement to "pay utmost attention to auto focus tracking " and hopefully also general accuracy and speed ....

I'm just imagining how good the new 26mp sensor, new processor and software will render results,not only on the 18-135 but all lenses:

However as a pure 'jack of all things' kit lens, I think it will enhance the Capabilities of the 18-135 even further.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow