A USA story

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
KENTGA Veteran Member • Posts: 6,894
To: Gman 58

My Mother was born in 1912 east of Birmingham AL out in the country and I was born in Georgia in 1941 and grew up in metro Atlanta.

In the late 1940's and early 1950's they had outdoor plumbing and I remember on Sundays they would wring one or two chickens and that was our Sunday lunch (which they called "dinner"), My Grandmother would wash clothes in a black wash pot that Gcam mentioned and later my aunt with 4 children that lived about 100 yards down the road bought a wringer washer as pictured. Also my grandparents got indoor plumbing.

My Father had a hardware store in metro Atlanta and we sold wringer washers until to mid 1970's. I remember one person that he sold one to bringing it back because it had a separate lever to pump the water out and he wanted to exchange it out for what he called a "common sense" one which we did.

I love these old stories like this.

Kent

KENTGA's gear list:KENTGA's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Canon EOS 80D Canon EOS 5D Mark IV +15 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Lan
Lan
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow