What lenses for food photography

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
JustUs7 Senior Member • Posts: 1,570
Re: What lenses for food photography

AchilleasEmm wrote:

I am in the process of buying RF glass. I have at the moment the 15-35 2.8 and intend to buy by the end of the year the 70-200 and a 50mm.

I am not a pro food photographer. I will do it at my home with some basic setup and lights. I have bought and have crafted a few interesting backgrounds for the photos and want to buy a small strobe but thats it.

If you’re shooting with an R series, you’d be hard pressed to beat the RF 35mm f/1.8 - 0.5 macro. Close focusing. If you have the RP, R6, or R5 you have automatic focus stacking is available. If you have more room to work, look at the RF 85mm f/2 - 0.5 macro. I only say that because you mention being able to set up at home. The 50mm you mention will be good too, but no IS or macro on that lens.

I have an RP and the 35 and 85 and I’m enjoying both.  I feel I should add, if you own the 15-35 2.8, which is by all accounts a great lens, what do you feel is lacking with that one?

JustUs7's gear list:JustUs7's gear list
Canon EOS 1000D Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Canon EOS RP Canon EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow