Please treat the hosts well.

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Bill Thoo Regular Member • Posts: 355
Re: Please treat the hosts well.

JahnG wrote:

cjf2 wrote:

Well said Jahn.

Have you noticed that the latest threads on this forum that bashed By Standing.... has resulted in the three challenges he had in the various stages, disappearing?

Either DPReview have removed them because of the kerfuffle or By Standing... has finally had enough of the whining and taken our toys away as we were not worthy. Which, as a group, we weren't.

It seems that "By Standing..." has disappeared totally from DPR, even his "name" has disappeared from older finished challenges. So we have again lost a host The old hypothesis, the more complaining, the less remaining hosts, has once again been proved.

Even if I haven't always agreed with this host, and have rarely attended his challenges, I must say I have highly admired his energy and his ability to create interesting "out of the box" challenges!

I do not in any way underrate the remaining hosts, on the contrary, but the disappearing of a somewhat "different" kind of host absolutely leaves the challenges "poorer".

Jahn

Hear, hear.  Well said.

Bill Thoo's gear list:Bill Thoo's gear list
Sony a7R II Canon PowerShot D10 Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Samyang 14mm F2.8 ED AS IF UMC +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow