Something that Nikon needs to do...

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Varuas Contributing Member • Posts: 726
Re: Something that Nikon needs to do...

michaeladawson wrote:

Varuas wrote:

Video captures the temporal dimension and also sound/audio/music, while stills only capture the physical dimensions. With easy video sharing these days, it is a no brainer. I could capture, edit, and upload videos to Youtube and have it played across all my devices, including casting to larger screens and projectors for that truly special feeling.

For example this is one of my very first edits (I used to be exclusively stills). Individual stills would not have the same emotion for the family watching it as this video had.

Z6 + 50mm f/1.8G + Polarizer + ND. Shot flat (internally) and edited to simulate one of the film stocks manually.

You don't have to sell me on why many people shoot video. I know why they do. But as I said, I don't have kids and couldn't care less about the temporal dimensions of someone else's kids. It really doesn't matter to me how easy it is to share. I have nothing I care to share.

If I watch a video it is a training/education video or a movie/television show.

I meant to quote and respond to another post, but what you said makes sense.

Varuas's gear list:Varuas's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W3 Nikon D600 Nikon Z6 YI 4K+ Action Camera Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.8G +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow