Lightroom: How to invert a range mask?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
RussC
RussC Regular Member • Posts: 338
Re: Lightroom: How to invert a range mask?

Henry Richardson wrote:

Ernie Misner wrote:

Henry Richardson wrote:

I am using the latest LrC 10.0. I can't find a way to invert a range mask. Is there a way?

I don't see anything specifically for the range mask feature for inverting there. What I am seeing is you can invert a selection made with the radial filter by ticking the "invert" box. And the range mask does work with the radial filter. No invert option for the brush or grad filter that I am finding.

I just checked and see that you are right that there is an invert option for the radial filter. It is very strange that it not available for the graduated filter also.

It is, in a way. If you apply a graduated filter to the entire image (eg. select grad filter, click on bottom corner of image and pull off the image) then you can use the range mask eye dropper tool on different parts of the image to select a given color or luminance, and that will provide the mask. Not strictly an invert, but in the luminosity option you can click through each luminosity grayscale and select the one you want to mask. Same with the color mask.

RussC

RussC's gear list:RussC's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Panasonic FZ1000 +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow