Anyone noticed that fine foliage, even with LR enhanced details, lacks detail and has some worms?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Blue Swan Media
Blue Swan Media Regular Member • Posts: 373
Re: Why do we even need to say this?

Ad12 wrote:

Blue Swan Media wrote:

If you're going to get picky about foliage, Fuji X-Trans is not for you. Period.

Fair comment. I enjoy using my Fuji cameras and overall i like the output. I've just always been overly curious. Your comment would suggest i'm not the only one to notice these things, regardless of processing technique.

Oh my goodness no, you are not the only one. A statistically significant percentage of the posts in the history of this forum are about worms with foliage. You don't see it as much nowadays because a little Google fu yields more articles and videos on the topic than you would ever care to read. But yeah, foliage is what X-Trans is worst at faithfully reproducing. Now personally, I don't mind the 'painterly' look it produces, and it's never been a shot ruiner for me. Normal people will never notice it when viewed from a typical distance. Great fodder for internet photographers to whinge about though.

-- hide signature --

www.blueswanmedia.com

Blue Swan Media's gear list:Blue Swan Media's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm GFX 50S Fujifilm X-H1 +20 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
JNR
JNR
JNR
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow