First shots with my X-S10

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
thedanj
thedanj Regular Member • Posts: 454
First shots with my X-S10

My X-S10 arrived on Monday, so I took it out yesterday to shoot a few portraits of my daughter. I usually shoot fully manual, but since this camera has the PASM dial, I thought I would try shooting in aperture priority and use exposure compensation. This is not something I normally do, but it worked fine. The back/thumb dial adjusts shutter speed in manual mode and exposure compensation in aperture priority. I am coming from an X-T20, so this is both a new sensor for me and the first time I am shooting with IBIS. I was shooting outdoors during the day, so the shutter speeds were very high and IBIS really wouldn't have been necessary, but I'm anxious to get out in low light and see what this camera can do. I think I'm really going to like it. I don't have the largest hands, but it was very comfortable to hold. I didn't realize how much difference a grip would make, but wow, it is a lot easier to hold than my X-T20.

I shot these RAW, processed them in Camera Raw, and then did some edits in Photoshop. This is my usual workflow for portraits. I downloaded Capture One this morning to see if I could eke out a little more detail, but it doesn't yet support the X-S10 RAW files, which I have just now discovered was discussed in a thread that I missed. Hopefully they will update it soon.

thedanj's gear list:thedanj's gear list
Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm X-T30 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R
Fujifilm X-T20
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow